Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bristol Paper



Had a play yesterday using my new Bristol cardstock, and the Tombow brush markers. I used this same image from the other day since she was still out. The marker set I got is called Portrait, and it's flesh tones with  browns and a black. I still need to practice getting the skin colored and blended correctly with these markers. This Bristol smooth cardstock does work nicely though. I'm not impressed with the blender pen that came with this set, the nib has already rounded out, so I used my Stampin' Up! ones, works just as well.

The floral frame is a new stamp from the March kit of the month from Unity. It's colored with my Letraset Promarkers onto Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White cardstock. It holds up well with alcohol markers. To cut the oval center out, I used my trusty Creative Memories custom cutting system. It has an oval almost the same size, and my dies did not. I fussy cut the outside border out, which took a little longer than usual, my hands had the shakes yesterday.

I don't have this attached to anything yet, may put it in one of my journals. I'm not overly happy with it, but I'll use it anyway. I did make two other projects yesterday, but no photos yet. It's off to work today, but off again tomorrow! :)

Thanks so much for your visit!


2 comments:

Meggymay said...

The colouring you used for this image looks beautiful, a shame you were not impressed with the blender. I have to say, I've never found one yet that works for me. It will look lovely in one of your journals or a card.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great result here and the one below Pam..x ♥[aNNie]