Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

New Scrapbook Journal




Sharing two pages I made in my new journal. Unity Stamp Co. shared a live video last week showing how Angela uses old cookbooks for scrapbook journals. I loved the idea, and just happened to have an old spiral bound cookbook in my cupboard that I had found from the Goodwill!! I can't cook well anyway, so it was really no loss to me! :)

I glued a few of the pages together using Mod Podge, and glued this craft paper layer down first. A light layer of acrylic paint, then I stamped, embossed, and lightly sponged the images in. Here is the second page:


This page is a light weight piece of water color card. I stamped, embossed, then used distress inks and a water brush to color them in, then glued the page down. The page edges are bound with washi tape. All of the stamps used are from Unity.

I like the kind of messy, and not perfect way this looks. And the cover is hardbound, and I will decorate that too. Just need to make it to the photo shop and get some pictures printed off now!

Thanks so much for visiting, and will share more pages as I go along!


3 comments:

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

Way cool and pretty! That looks like a lot of fun!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages, love the base layers and pretty flowers on them both. Pleased you are enjoying creating them.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love your journal pages Pam, gorgeous colours and style.xx {aNNie}