Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Scalloped Circles Into Starbursts

I couldn't wait to try this out when I finally got my Scalloped Circle punches the other day! I love it when people share their punch art secrets, and this one I saw on Pinterest. Here is the original photo that I first saw:
                                                Create a starburst or sunburst design using a Scallop Circle Punch! #stampinup www.juliedavison.com
I didn't use scrap paper, I always make a 'paper handle' to slide my pieces back into the punch, but it's the same concept.

I turned my starbursts into a colorful flower, using dimensionals on each one. The very center punch out is from the Boho Blossoms punch. I think it added a nice center, and I also added a Melon Mambo candy dot to it.

The stem is free hand cut, and the leaves are from the wing of the Bird Builder punch. The sentiment is from the amazing new stamp set called Crazy About You. There are a bunch of words that you can put together to make your own custom greeting. It is available in the Spring Occasions Catalog.

I really do love my paper punches, they are one supply that I just can't do without!! LOL I only need 10 more Stampin' Up! punches to complete my collection!!!

2 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic bright tag, the flower looks super.
Yvonne xx

Terry said...

Great tag, Pam. I love the burst of spring color on your scalloped flower! Happy Weekend!