Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Colors

The colors of Fall are so pretty. It's calming for me to see the leaves change in multiples of color. We have 2 large maple trees in our front yard that are always a beauty to look at this time of year. My card here shows the maple leaves in different colors as I see them in real life. I was inspired by The Play Date Cafe's 3rd Birthday celebration challenge to use the colors Flame, Grape, and Mulberry.
I kept the design CAS to show off the pretty Rubber Stampede small maple stamp image. So I just made a border with it using DI inks in Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves, and SU's Cranberry Crisp. Added a Unity sentiment with Walnut Stain DI, and wrapped around some twine for texture. All cardstock is from SU, and I embossed the 'grape' piece for even more texture. Thank you for dropping in to have a look!


8 comments:

Meggymay said...

Love your CAS card, the colours of the leaves look beautiful.
Yvonne x

Rachel said...

pretty autumn card! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Donna B. said...

Pretty card - love the leaves! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

~amy~ said...

hey hey! this is awesome stamping...love the addition of the twine! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe:)

Ruby said...

I can't believe it's fall already! Where has this year gone? Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!!

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful card Pam, x

Emily Keaton said...

Sigh . . . just looking at those awesome maple leaves in those bright jewel tones makes me oh so happy!! That is one great image. Love your CAS design for this pretty fall card, Pam!! I have *got* to get me some awesome fall leaf stamps like that one :)

Terry said...

Oh so perfect for Fall! Love the the line of maple leaves and the twine is such a great touch! Happy Weekend!